Monday, September 30, 2019

I Think Again


I think again of yester’ year 
I think of what I had and feared 
I miss the ease I had back then
How easy it was to strive and win

I miss the house my little room
I miss the joys ended too soon
I miss the family miss the friends 
But all things must come to an end 

I walk this hall one last time
Before it crumbles down fine
The smell is such I cannot abide 
And so my emotions again ride

I hate this house and all it’s rooms 
It’s events are nothing but tombs
The fun between hunger and fear
God’s assurance oh so near

I hate that kitchen oh so small 
It ceiling low, not very tall
No room to work within the walls
And pest control needed a call

The living room so full of junk
No space for life I often thunk
My home indeed so very small
But I miss the house where I grew tall

My room indeed had not a door 
It fell on me as it broke before 
The vent as well was not well 
My child hood home a living hell

The life I had was never fine
The food simple of which we dined
The work was constant without doubt 
To my room I often would pout 

The sands of time cover the past
The sorrow now will not last
I miss it only cuz life’s so hard 
The grass was greener little card

I miss my home I had back then
My spirit’s want can never win
I must press on to better days
Not be trapped in my yester ways

And so I walk this hall once more 
Forsake my wants and close the door 
I will smile at a brighter day
As I forge my trail in a new way

1 comment:

  1. Captures well the struggles of growing up and missing the childhood one wanted to escape, but now looks back at in amusement ;) Or at least that's what I see for myself ;D

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...