Sunday, April 28, 2019

Peace



"Shouldn't you be asleep right now?" 

I sit in the green grass of Giver Hill looking out over the great world of possibilities. I glance over at the Giver with a slight half smile. "I should, either that or studying. I shouldn't be writing." 

"Then why do you persist my child?" He sits down beside me looking over the landscape with me. 

"Do you love me?" I ask. 

"Yes Loralye, I love you. I've given you a new name, now endure."

"I'm not sure I like being called a Temptress." I state with a slight frown. 

"The temptress who sings upon stones." he corrects me. "Stop and think child, is that not what you do? Do you not in the face of satan's attacks turn your face to the sea and sing? Do you not count every battle as a victory in the midst of the fight as I've taught you to do." 

"When you spoke to Kendra..." 

"I've yet to speak with your sister, she has no peace because she does not ask for peace. She is determined to fight. I'm not in the mountain, or the storm, or the battle... I'm in the silence of the wind. She spoke to Rage and Fear... I do not give a spirit of Fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind." 

"Why do they abandon me?" I look up at him for the first time since our conversation began, he's comforting to me to look at. I know him, and he me. 

"Child, they are afraid. It is easier to believe lies than the truth. Believe child I am working in their hearts. I'm proud of you. Even in this, you've sung on the rocks. I heard you today." 

"You gave the songs Abba. Thanks by the way you always know what I need." Tears form in my eyes as I smile up at him. "And thanks for turning off my phone. I needed that. Better than locking my phone in the box until tests are done." 

"You were being irresponsible with it. I'm still your father, and you still are my child. I will rebuke you and chase after you as long as you need it." 

"How... how do I know I'm where I'm supposed to be?"

"Why did I tell you to come here?" 

I pause frowning. "For healing." 

He nods at me. "Yes, yes that's why I told you to come. What were your signs?" 

"You gave me several. The date, First time around the lake was with my brother, second we would go backwards, third we'd consider going around twice. Then a sit-down restaurant to celebrate your provision before it would be granted. The second sign was dogs under a Library's counter. Fourth white rats, fifth a boys bathroom with no door. Visiting Cousin Ten... Bass Pro Shop... what else?"

"Did these come to pass?" 

"Every sign you've given me has come to pass. I've never been wrong. Was... that person my family that I offered myself to and they refused?"

"Yes." 

"Will they return to me?" 

"When the time is right. You've got much to learn. You've developed beautifully, but even this isn't enough. You will go through more. You're not perfect, but I'm so proud of you." 

"Abba, I've got so much more to do before my assignments are due Monday, then the finals! I'm... I can't-"

"Child! How little you know! How little you believe. Do the things you know to do! Don't be overwhelmed. Sing child, sing upon your rocks. Rocks can be hardship, but they are also a firm foundation. They are stable and they won't be moved." 

I look out over the land noticing many things that I'd normally ignore. "Will you speak to them?" 

"Where do you end and they begin? Boundaries child. I'm to worry about that. You do what you know you're supposed to do. Let me handle the rest. You've reached out, you've spoken truth. You've acted not in secret... besides, you've done nothing yet. You know what you want, you've talked to professionals. Child, you know this is right. Their gossip and bad attitudes I'll handle. If not in this life, the next. Besides, you get a crown for persecution remember. I left my family, remember." 

"I remember. What about Kendra and I needing to work together?" 

"You're grown! As children, yes. I gave you to each other to challenge and grow off one another. Now, I'm pulling you out to continue growing, to continue expanding. Loralye! You've not had her for two years. And yet, you've grown and matured. You've done many things for my kingdom, and I'm proud of you. But I call you to the world to minister. I need you to be able to blend in. Learn my words, trust my rules, and believe my teachings. What's your favorite psalm?" 

"Psalm 27." I reply instantly, the music running through my head. "Though my Father and Mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me." 

"Am I not? You can only control you. You're headstrong enough to break out of anything if you want to. Even a gilded cage. if you were in distress, I would remove you. I've set you with my servant, one I've trained to train you. I told you to trust her, I told you to trust people. Trust and believe." 

"Please Lord, let them visit me. Let them come see. Lead them to me to test the lies of Satan to challenge my words, let them act on your spirit's guiding. Lord, allow me to be gracious and Loving in all things. Abba, Let it be, let them see, and guide us into a brighter future."

"As if the battle's been won." 

"Abba, what's time for you, what's paper to you. Are these not man's inventions?" 

"I made time child... but my was are not another's ways. Trust me on that. Believe me on that. You're beautiful, strong, and you trust me. Even if life here is hard, there is a reward in heaven for you. Just... get out of the fiction and games child, you're not helping yourself. GO TO BED." 

"I believe I can now Abba. How do I know these are your words?" 

A sense of disappointment fills me. "I speak the words I've spoken. You hear the words I intend. I guide your heart and you listen, You wish to be my friend. My child you want to listen. You wish to do my will. You recognize fear and contentment, you know and allow your heart to still"

Here I notice his absence, the voice is gone. It was so strong... I obey and turn to leave returning to my bed in order to have the best day possible in aproxemently four hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...