Sunday, October 16, 2016

One On Being Thankful


I know I'm a month early... but right now, I felt the need to take a step back from my situation, and acknowledge the people who are helping me through Satan's attacks.

These past few weeks... months... I've been overwhelmed with the support I've been getting from my friends and family. From a trip to the track, then dinner with dad. To a skype chat with a friend when the smallness of my bedroom becomes encroaching.

I have to admit, being cooped up in the house 99% of the time isn't easy. I'm not the type of person who can really just sit still. And after six months of it... I'm feeling it.

This is why I'm so thankful for people who are willing to help. I've always struggled when it came to asking... or accepting for that matter. I'm independent and kinda aloof. It takes a lot for me to trust. And once you do have my trust, I'll stop at nothing for the care of those I love. I've always given... as much as I could for those around me. I guess it started out of guilt. Guilt... for how much my family required help growing up. Mom doesn't drive and we live out in the country.... so after Dad's heart attack, I aways felt very guilty for how much help we got from our families and friends.

From that point on, I always felt like I had to go above and beyond in order to pay back to the world the gifts I'd been given.

Right now, with how my family and friends are helping me... It's tough. It's tough because I struggle with accepting help, but it's also tough because I feel like I'm burdening others.

But something that's come to me as a... realization as it were, as long as I continue to strive to pass it on, every chance I can... and am gracious... I'm not wrong.

My own spiritual gift is lifting up the weak... and right now, that talent is severely hampered. But not missing... completely as a few of my friends have helped me realize.

So to all of you out there who have been a part, are a part, or will continue being a part... Thank you. Keep me in your prayers, this battle isn't over yet.

VK Out.

Surprise Gift from Lee. Thank you

(This image is my Pony Persona... Really captured me here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...