Thursday, March 8, 2018

Sister, If I could tell you anything



Sister,


If I could tell you anything
I’d tell you to love the sky.
To look upon its immeasurable depths,
And think of the places to fly


I’d say, dear sis, struggle
Strive each and every day
Allow your heart to fail,
Then allow a breath to pray.


If you could hear my groanings,
I’d tell you to love the WORD.
To love the book so deeply,
That use it as a sword.


If once more I could hold you close,
I’d tell you to read my heart.
I’d open it up before you,
So never again to part.


I’d lead you to adventure,
And watch you make new friends.
I’d hold you if they left you,
And help you try again.

If I could tell you anything,
I'd say to love your foe.
Never count his deeds against him,
And his words, oh let them go.


Dear sis, this world’s not pretty
Give your ear to the wise.
Listen to the counsel of others.
And their word always prize.


Think of all things holy
Oh’ Ponder what is clean
Imagine the best for everyone
While to Jesus you do cling.

I'd tell your heart "Give Freely"
And to God a tenth you earn.
Rejoice this day in his goodness,
And watch the blessings turn.


Forget the world and its sorrow
Don’t let it drag you down
Never stop to dazzle
And the shiny that is around.


Heed not your stuff in your journey
It all will pass away
That doll is dear this moment
But tomorrow might go away.


Don’t take for granted anything.
Not family, not home, not stuff
Your friends are but for a moment.
But to God say “It’s enough.”


God is first in all things.
Then us who’ve been by your side.
The church who is here to guard you
Then the world goes to the side.


Honor all men in accordance.
Not one is purely whole.
Not a soul can measure your standard
So be gentle with every soul.


Be wise as you dress this morning,
Honor your body as well
This is the tent that you carry,
Until the glories, you’ll tell.


Oh how I wish I could tell you
Of all that I’ve seen and I’ve heard
To let you partake of my wisdom
Without the scars that I’ve born


If only you could just know
You’d end up better than I.
My heart would rejoice in this victory
But you’d never understand why.


It’s easy for me to share knowledge
But wisdom you’ll have to win.
Dear sis this is my glory
The wisdom and all of its blends.


How I wish this was easy.
But no, you’ll suffer each day.
The more that you are foolish
The more it’ll get in your way.

So heed your heart to wisdom
And learn it’s every cry.
Respect the ones who are older
And ones who understand ‘Why.’


Listen not to me only.
For I’m not much more than you.
Search, seek and discover,
The vastness of the blue.


Oh, Turn your eyes to the heavens.
Count their every light.
If each of these has a number,
How can’t you be bright?


Failure is in surrender,
Defeat is but in death.
Believe and pray wholly,
And then fold your hands and rest.


Rest dear sis when you’re tired.
For you are crying for help.
Don’t push until you keel over,
Or a blow you are dealt.


So fly with the wings of an eagle,
And run on the feet of a deer.
Endure your daily sorrow
To rest draw yourself near.


So much more I would tell you
If only I knew what to say
But here I’d say is the bedrock
Of Life, in its infinite ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...