Monday, March 12, 2018

Words of Wisdom from Writus.


(This is from the Ooladada seriese. Ooladada is an imaginary world that is shared by christian writers (Anka and Anku) where God has kept sacred the creations of his children. Not all last, some rot over time... but nothing is ever forgotten if it's done in the right heart.)

I, Anka LaVanna' stomp into the Library Behind the Rainbow in a huff. "SERIOUSLY!" I yell at Writus. The guardian pauses, looking down at me, my face all red and puffed up. "SERIOUSLY!"

The old gnome sighs, his green eyes closes as he shakes his head. Taking a breath, he decends the ladder and walks over to where I stand; arms crossed. "First, take a deep breath."

"I'm breathing, now tell me why you let them get rid of my childhood stories without telling me!" I growl down at him. My mind of course goes back to when the little guy was much taller than I was.

"You came to the Library to yell at me for your earth destorying some of your writing." He looks at me with an air of disappointment. "Kathie... oh Kathie look at yourself. Just... look at yourself. You were doing so well."

I pause, not really wanting to listen. "They destoried.... They destroyed... HIDDEN!"

"A story that you need to leave behind."

"But it's importiant!" I protested. "It was a reminder! Not to let my temper to get between me and anyone! How could you take that away!"

"Kathie... We still have it. No, you are not going to get it. Maybe someday you'll be able to write it again. but I've told you. over and over and over again, to let that go."

I stomp my foot growling at him. "But you are supposed to protect our stories! How could you have let this happen?"

"Is my charge your earth? Is the writings of earth of any account? I no more LET your work get destroyed on earth... than I let the Library of Alexandria fall. Is Earth really where you want your books kept? Are any of them safe? No. Paper rots, rock breaks, computers are erased. Blink, and all your hard work is gone... but it's only temporary... it's only Earth. Up here, Yes. Yes it is my duty to keep reccord. I'm to keep this library. You are mixing Earthly and heavenly Kath... Listen to yourself."

I hold his gaze for a moment longer, before bursting into tears. "I lost it... it's gone!"

"I still have it." He reminded me. "And for now, I have it sealed on your shelf. Along with all those stories you threw away because they were not perfect. I have kept every one. Every single one is recorded. Let Go..."

I melt onto the floor, leaning against a bookcase as I cry. "How many more? How many more did I have on Figment before they destroyed them?"

"Several... but the Giver will give you more." he reminded me, walking over and laying a hand on my shoulder as I cried.

"But they were mine!" I sobbed after a while.

"And now they need to go." he repeated.

I could hear in his tone, the loving guardian was disappointed in my selfsh little heart. I... who have been given this opertunity to visit the Library behind the Rainbow... and I was sitting in the middle of the floor throwing a temper tantrum over a lost story... well, not so lost. I still have it in my heart, and with the nature of the library, to record all, past, present, and future stories any Anka or Anku ever writes... the good, the bad, and the ugly.  "I'm an idiot."

The statement sends a smile to his lips. "No, you are just afraid to let go. Change hurts, but to grow, you need to."

"Can't go home, can't drive... and now you rob me of my stories."

He frowns glaring at me. "Anka LaVannan... That was an insult and you know it. I have no more forknowlege than you do. If you want to be mad at someone, yell at God. I'm just a keeper."

"It's still not fair!"

"Who said life was fair?"

"You don't have to live on that blasted Earth." I growl back at him.

He sighs shaking his head. Kneeling beside me he looks me straight in the eye. "You're a hippocrite."

"Tell me something I don't know." I protest.

He shakes his head laughing. "You are more concerned over a PLANT than..."

"Story..." I corrected him. "You're right... I know you are right. I should be blessing God. He's done so much over the past few weeks, and yet..."

Writus nods. "And yet, something this small has thrown you for a loop. It's gone. Accept it and move on. It's done it's job. You HAVE the importiant ones. Anka, you are called to so much more than bellyaching in the middle of my library. So take a deep breath, and do something about it. None of those stories you were ever going to finish. But I reccomend that you save some of your other stuff in other places. And let this remind you... when Mom says back things up... Maybe you should listen."

"Moms are great things..." I hiccup, drying my tears.

"Sure are. Now do your duty and let me get back to work. I've gotten nine million new stories to move from the haven't been written section to the written while you've been crying."

"I'll get out of your way then."

The old man nods. "And Kathie... Chin up. This too will pass."


3 comments:

  1. Very good. Sorry you lost your story ... you didn't back it up???? Love you honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honest... I didn't think it'd ever go anywhere. I wrote it there. Didn't see a point putting it anywhere else. That was well over 6 years ago.

      Delete
  2. Wow!
    I've not lost any stories myself, but this still a great reminder that God gives me the stories he wants me to have, and maybe I will have to leave some behind. It's easy to cling to them though they are nothing but flimsy imaginations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...