Wednesday, March 14, 2018

So My Computer Has Dyslexia issues...


Yeah, you read that right. My computer not only has dyslexia, it has dyslexia issues... How does this work? Well... let me go back in time a bit.

About a year ago, @Google Docs started having an odd issue. This issue that just drove me crazy. I'd be writing along, but the text, and where the computer THOUGHT the text should be just wasn't lining up. Wasn't too bad writing, but the editing was... if I could avoid it, I did. No matter what I did, NOTHING, literally NOTHING was fixing it. I emailed Google, I put through a complaint... NOTHING literally NOTHING was working. They couldn't figure it out, and neither could I.

The problem wasn't just on one computer, it was on ALL of them. My tablet was fine, but all the computers were affected. Had I messed up a setting? Was it a size issue... maybe I had installed a bug on my computer... nothing, absolutely nothing was fixing it. And then I started asking around. It was a mixed bag, most of them were fine, but there were individuals with this problem as well. Nothing was making sense. After months, I started looking for a new program, anything to replace this buggy system.

Then I solved it.


So last night I was trying to edit a poem on Docs when Open Dyslexic quit working... Must have bumped it or something... instantly the issue resolved. No more errors, the text lined up... and I was able to edit.

https://opendyslexic.org/

Why I didn't think of it sooner? I have no idea. The program must have updated and Google Docs was affected by the update. I'd used the program for a while at that point.

So now, my computer has dyslexia issues...

So, I've informed both companies of the issue, and hopefully, it'll be fixed. But right now, I'm just thankful I know what the issue is, and I can act accordingly.

OD does know about it, and they were really good natured when I let them know. It's a small company so updates are slow. No big deal. Still funny.

I hope you guys got a laugh out of this as I have.

VK out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...