Friday, June 7, 2013

An Interview with Jane Bennet


During the month of June I am doing a "writers unite" gig hosted by Anne girl who blogs here. Six of us brave souls (as she put it) signed up and she using the information we gave her teamed us up into groups of two. My partner is Miss. Jane Bennet who blogs here

I will put out a Thank-you to Anne girl for she picked a great match for me. LOL Jane and I have been having a blast chatting back and forth about everything and nothing. (as my BFF puts it.) 

Since one of the things that is required during this thing is to post on the others blog we talked it over and decided to do interview. So I am the one asking the questions and she is the one answering them. enjoy. 

1. How did you get started writing?

Well...I'm not exactly sure.  I've loved writing since Kindergarten.  In Kindergarten, I wrote and illustrated a story called Walking in the Rain.  I just wrote random short stories through 4th Grade.  During that year, I began to seriously think of writing actual books.  I've never actually finished one yet, but I'm working on it.  :D

2. What is your favorite genre?

Ummm....I like anything from the "olden days"...would you call that period drama, or...?
I also like science fiction, fantasy...anything interesting, I guess!

3. What is your favorite character to write?

You mean from my book, right?
I really enjoyed writing Kate's character.  Charades and trivia forever!
Also, Kate was the most complex and unfamiliar character for me.

4. What do you want to be when you grow up?

I've gone through many, many ambitions.  An architect, an actress (that was short-lived, I can tell you), an author, a movie director, a horse trainer...the list is endless.  However, I would say that the two that are most likely are an author or...well, just an author, I guess.  :D

5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Oh boy.  Normandy, France...or London...or Kentucky...or Paris...but I guess Normandy.  If I could speak French.  ;)

6. When not writing, what could you be found doing?

Biking, horse riding, reading (especially reading!), playing with my siblings, playing violin, browsing at the library, or baking desserts.

7. Who encourages you the most while writing?

My Dad.

8. Where is your favorite place to write?

At my desk on the laptop.  Or, when I'm using a notebook, I like to crawl under bushes or climb up in a tree when it's warm out.  When it's cold or wet, I like sitting next to the fire in a comfy rocking chair, with a cup of hot chocolate next to me.  Yum.  :)

9. What is one weird fact about you?

Um.  Let's see...
I consider Jane Austen's books to be very exciting.  Either that, or the fact that once I pulled out a tooth that wasn't even loose because I was wiggling it while reading a suspenseful book.

10. Did you always know you wanted to be an author?

Well, I haven't always wanted to be an author.  But pretty much, yes.  I've always enjoyed writing and looked at it as a very possible career choice.


Please jog over to her blog and see the other side of the interview. LOL Me answering her questions. This has been quite fun. And I hope to have her back next week discussing... ? Well stay tuned We will announce as soon as we know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...